Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Quote To Live By

So I'm hanging out at Mozart's reading Mark Batterson's book: In A Pit With A Lion On A Snowy Day. So far the book is good and challenging. I personally believe that at this time in my life I needed to read this book. When we planted Sacred, NCC was a church that we watched and tried to learn from. I love how the levels of life have been flattened, how bloggers build great churches and write cool books and in some funny weird sorta of way, complete strangers have a sense of community and relationship.

I remember Mark blogging how he struck a deal with a book publisher. I can also remember Mark blogging on how he writes first thing in the morning. So it does seem a bit strange to actually be reading a book in which you understand (or have a better understanding) the background of the author and his points of view and all.

Anyhow, let me share this one quote with you:

Mark asks this questions:

"Are you living your life in a way that is worth telling stories about?"


Mark's first church failed, like mine. But he did not give up or call it quits. Now he pastors a church that is reaching twenty-somethings on Capital Hill. So his story gives me the courage not to give up and quit, but to move forward and fulfill my calling, so I can have a life that's worth telling stories about.

Peace & Love from Austin

No comments: