Thursday, October 19, 2006

Stock Market

I used to be a stock market junkie. I was somewhat of a low end day trader. I had my Datek account, and I would follow my stocks throughout the day. (I'm very compulsive, just in case you didn't know) I can vividly remember a time when a friend told me to invest in this struggling company called Apple. I never used an Apple computer before 2002. Therefore I passed on my friends advice. Instead I invested thousands of dollars into my company-XO Communications.

Needless to say I was a bit shocked when I heard the Dow had closed over 12,000 today. Of course, I did a very lame thing and checked out Apple. As of today Apple is selling $80 per share. And I refused to buy them when it was $10, or maybe $8 per share.

BTW- my lame company went out of business in less then a year. Can you feel the pain?

Had I invested $1000 in 2000, I would have bought close to 100 shares of Apple. Now, those 100 shares would be worth $8000.

Of course I did diversify like any wise investor. I had Oracle, Red Hat, WorldCom and a couple of other that I forgot about.

Can you say lame lame lame! And Damon (my financial advisor, who no longer advises me cause I have no finances) if you are reading this please stop laughing.

No comments: