Friday, December 30, 2005

Why do I want an easy life?

Necole and I had a great conversation last night. We were discussing God, life, leadership & mission...This morning I was mediating on our conversation and asking God certain questions. Last night, we wanted to know why life has seemed so hard the past 3-4 years. We've taken risks for the Kingdom of God in hopes of fulfilling our God given dream. We've lost jobs, buried family members, closed a church, Necole was hospitalized for months and Mackenzie was in the NICU, we have not had health insurance for over 3 years, yada yada yada. But here is the lessos; we are still sooooo blessed it's amazing...Beyond amazing! It's so easy to see all the things that are or did go wrong. But, I refuse to do that, I refuse to think that being in God's will or being blessed by God means that life should be simple, stable and calm. Paul, was in the middle of God's will when his ship wrecked, John was in God's will when he was imprisoned. I truly desire to live my life in a way that will please God; and sometimes we can't understand why things "don't work out," or go the way that we hoped or planned. But, we can go forward with God, learn, live, pray have fun and the most important thing we can do is to be missional no matter what happens in life. So my prayer today in not for God to make my life easy, or stable...Yes, that is hard, and that sucks...But, my life is lived day to day, and each day I should die a thousand deaths to myself, so I can live a thousand lives for Christ!

1 comment:

Chad K Miller said...

Great words Chris, Christ never promised the easy road. What doesn't kill you really does make you stronger. Glad to hear you are praising God in all your circumstances, they must have been tough, but keep pressing into God and what He has for your life. Peace.