Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Day in Seattle

I feel like a country bumpkin who heads to the city on occasion to get a taste of the "city life," and stock up on the groceries. Needless to say, we headed to Seattle yesterday and we had a blast.

Ok I hate to sound like a poser, but what the heck, I will; because Necole and I really love the city of Seattle. We've been looking for this kind of living for a long time.

Yesterday, we were blessed to hang out with Jason Hudson who is the Lead Pastor of Capitol Hill Church. Now first of all, Jason is a cool cat. We got to talk a lot about church planting, urban living, and all sorts of cool stuff. Plus, Jason took us to the famous Espresso Vivace Roasteria. These dudes make a wicked cup of coffee. I may never go to Starbucks again. Anyhow, it was great to connect with another pastor. I'm looking forward to hanging out some more in the future.

I had another interview with Keller Williams office which is in north Seattle, and after that we headed to the Greenlake area and ate some burgers at a local joint. There are so many cool places to live; Necole and I can't make a choice. And that my friends is a good problem to have.

Since we dug Espresso Vivace Roasteria so much, and Tre wanted to check it out, we headed back for seconds. Now, earlier in the day Jason took us to this amazing city park; Lots of kids running around having a blast. Capital Hill is just outside of downtown Seattle. I love that. We can be in a distinct neighborhood and still feel like it's city living, in other words, it's the best of both worlds.

Now, while in the park I noticed the kind of folks who were there: Distinctly urban, or city. About 25 folks were playing kickball, how funny. Anyhow, Capital Hill is now on our long list of potential neighborhoods that we would love to live in and do life with the folks in the community. And, of course, it would be a great place to plant a church!

No comments: