Monday, January 16, 2006

Dr. King

Adam has some interesting thoughts on MLK. I'm getting ready to read The Barbarian Way by Erwin Mcmanus. The "big idea" of the book is Christianity is not supposed to be this safe religion, that was not the life that Jesus lived or called his disciples to live. I also noticed google's logo in honor of Dr. King. Well, one thing is for sure, Dr. King did not live a safe Christian life, and he paid the ultimate price. I was reflecting on his life earlier and I was wondering if he knew he was going to die, and leave his wife and kids, would he still live the life that he lived...?One of the biggest reason that I feel like I lack faith and that I don't always necessarily live a "bolder" Christian life is because I want to keep my kids safe and secure and I do not want to ruin or disrupt our little American dream. And sometimes I wonder if that is not the mantra of the typical American evangelical?

No comments: