Monday, August 14, 2006

Whew, Net Access

Thoughts on my first few days in Austin:

Three flights of stairs is really hard, I about died taking what little stuff we had, it's 40 stairs in all, man I'm way out of shape. For my NC friends think "Chris getting lost in the mountains, and he is close to passing out." Only problem is I did not have Faas to help me :)

We went to Cici's pizza, let me just say this, the best thing they have is COKE! (blah)


Do not go shopping for school clothes with a 6 year old. It's freaking impossible. She knew what she wanted, and she was not about to budge. Bailey's whole wardrobe has some kind of pink in it.

I love the business climate in Austin. It's young, creative and energetic. Looking forward to diving in.

It's hard not having web access, it seems like my life is on the web, and without instant access, I get a little lost.

So far, our apartments are real cool. Saturday night we had folks BBQ (ing), playing poker, and playing football in our square. It's a mixed bag, families, singles, young and old married couples etc. Tonight, we our heading to a "back-to-school" pizza party at the pool. Good chance to get to know our community.

Time to go.

Peace & Love

2 comments:

Renee said...

So, how was Bailey's first day to school?

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have been there...to help you up those "MOUNTAINOUS" stairs! ;)

Glad things are going well...to bad I won't be around to take your poker...er...gas money anymore!